For this recipe we used pork shoulder with bone-in for extra flavour
- Dry rub the pork shoulder, wrap in tight in cling film, let it rest in the fridge for a few hours or overnight.
- When ready to cook, place base layer of onions and a few cloves of garlic on the bottom of the slow cooker.
- Next place the pork shoulder on the onions
- Spread sauce over the pork shoulder and cook on High for 4 hours, or Low for 8 hours
- When your pork is cooked, carefully take it out of the slow cooker, careful as it might fall apart
- Cut off the fat cap from the meat
- Take 2 forks and shred the pork
- Remove all liquid from the slow cooker, saving it to use for sauces.
- Place shredded pork back in the slow cooker with a mixture of fresh BBQ and the liquid it was cooked in.
- Mix and let sit in the heat for around an hour to soak in the flavour
For this dish we prepped 2 sides, garlic and herb potato cubes, and homemade coleslaw. The potatoes were cubed and sprinkled with oil and a garlic&herb packet spread.