Ingredients (6 servings)
- 600 g potatoes
- 600 g sweet potatoes
- 40 g butter
- 2 carrots
- 2 sticks of celery
- 1 tbsp coriander
- olive oil
- 1 tsp thyme
- 350 g chestnut mushrooms
- 12 sun-dried tomatoes
- 2 tbsps balsamic vinegar
- red wine
- 100 ml vegetable stock
- 300 g of cooked green lentils
- 300 g of chickpeas
- 1 lemon
- 30 g fresh breadcrumbs
- Preheat the oven to 200°C
- Peel and chop all the potatoes into rough 2cm chunks. Place into a large pan of cold salted water over a medium heat. Bring to the boil, then simmer for 10 to 15 minutes, or until tender. Drain water from potatoes, add them to a bowl for mashing with the butter. (Can be some at the same time at steps 3-6)
- Peel and finely slice the carrots and celery.
- Add a good splash of oil to a medium pan on a medium heat. Add a tablespoon of coriander and a teaspoon of thyme and stir. Add the carrots and celery for 5 minutes.
- Roughly chop the mushrooms and sun-dried tomatoes, then add to the pan along with 2 tablespoons of balsamic vinegar and 2 tablespoons of the sun-dried tomato oil from the jar. Cook for a further 10 minutes.
- Add a splash of wine, turn up the heat, and allow it to bubble away. Stir in the vegetable stock, lentils and chickpeas and cook for 5 to 10 minutes more, or until slightly thickened and reduced.
- Transfer to a baking dish (roughly 25cm x 30cm).
- Spread the mash over the top, scratching the top with a fork.
- Place lemon zest, breadcrumbs and 1 tablespoon of oil in a bowl and mix well. Sprinkle mixture over the mash, then place in the hot oven for around 10 minutes until slightly browned.