For the Sun-Dried Tomato Crusted Chicken:
- 3 whole-wheat krisproles
- 8-10 sun-dried tomatoes
- 4 cloves garlic
- Fresh basil leaves
- ¼ cup dijon mustard
- ¼ cup light mayonnaise
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- Salt and black pepper
For the Goat Cheese and Herb Sauce:
- 1 cup chicken stock
- 2 thick slices of chevre
- ¼ teaspoon red pepper flakes
- Juice of 1 lemon
- Salt and black pepper, to taste
- Pasta, to serve, optional
- Sauteed spinach, to serve, optional
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees F. Lightly oil a baking sheet.
- In the bowl of a food processor, combine the croutons, sun-dried tomatoes, garlic, and ¼ cup basil leaves. Process until the mixture has turned into large crumbs. Set aside.
- In a small bowl, mix together the dijon mustard and light mayonnaise.
- Season the chicken breasts with salt and pepper and place them on the prepared baking sheet. Spread the dijon-mayo mixture evenly over the tops of the chicken breasts. Sprinkle the sun-dried tomato breadcrumbs over the dijon-mayo mixture and pat it down to make sure the tops are well-covered.
- Bake for 20 minutes. Meanwhile, prepare the sauce.
- In a large skillet over medium heat, heat the chicken stock. Add in the herbed goat cheese stir often to melt and combine. Add in the basil, red pepper flakes, lemon, and salt and pepper, to taste. Reduce heat to low and let sit until the chicken is ready to serve.
- Serve the chicken with pasta and sauteed spinach, and spoon the goat cheese sauce over top.